Smart Start Stem Grade 1
Each unit includes stories and practice pages that help children understand science concepts and provide a foundation for completing each STEM challenge. A STEM journal activity helps guide children through the engineering design process: plan, create, test, and record.
Topics within each STEM challenge target earth, life, and physical science. Each unit covers a specific scientific concept and includes:
• Science Story: Introduces each science concept
• Practice Activities: Support children's understanding
• STEM Story: Fictional story with a problem to solve
• STEM Challenge: Hands-on activity to solve a problem
• STEM Journal: Provides a planning outline to help complete the challenge activity
Includes answer key.
Grade Level(s): 1