Everyday Prayers For The School Year
Jesus tells us, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). With this reassurance, we try to reassure our children that no matter what, God is there and He’s on their side.
And we pray.
In Everyday Prayers for the School Year, author Tara L. Cole offers devotional readings and opportunities for mothers to pray for many issues concerning their children, such as:
- Are they making godly friends?
- Are their teachers kind and caring?
- Can they make wise choices in bad situations?
- Will they commit to studying?
- Are they being targeted by bullies?
- If they are unprepared for a test, will they trust God or cheat?
Our prayer is that they ultimately trust Him for their salvation, but even after they become Christians, they have the daily choice to trust God when they feel like they are standing alone and the circumstances look impossible.
Tara says, “My hope for this journal is that it will help moms turn their worry about their children’s school year into hope, that they take their concerns to God and walk away confident that He loves our kids more than we do. And He is in control.”